maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rob ten Hove (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MDEP-216) Specifying parameters on the command-line interface using -D syntax requires mdep refix.
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:26:05 GMT


Rob ten Hove commented on MDEP-216:

OK, thanks for your comment. Indeed I did understand the documentation incorrectly. I thought
that you had to use the name, but instead you have to use the expression. I think it is wise
to add a small note about this to the documentation (true for all Maven software).

> Specifying parameters on the command-line interface using -D syntax requires mdep refix.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: MDEP-216
>                 URL:
>             Project: Maven 2.x Dependency Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: copy-dependencies
>    Affects Versions: 2.0-alpha-1, 2.0-alpha-2, 2.0-alpha-3, 2.0-alpha-4, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
>         Environment: Maven 2.0.9, dependency plugin 2.0.
>            Reporter: Rob ten Hove
>            Assignee: Brian Fox
>            Priority: Minor
> I used the dependency:copy-dependencies goal on the command-line, and wanted to set the
"failOnMissingClassifierArtifact" option to "false".
> Command-line used:
> mvn -Dclassifier=sources -DfailOnMissingClassifierArtifact=false -DoutputDirectory=x/y/z
> The problem is that the "failOnMissingClassifierArtifact" remained "true". This was also
visible after running maven in debug mode. After looking in the source code, I saw that the
"failOnMissingClassifierArtifact" class field was specified as '@parameter expression="${mdep.failOnMissingClassifierArtifact}"
> The "outputDirectory" parameter however was specified as '@parameter expression="${outputDirectory}"
> Thus, without the "mdep." prefix.
> The outputDirectory worked so I changed the commandline to include the *mdep.* prefix:
> mvn -Dclassifier=sources -Dmdep.failOnMissingClassifierArtifact=false -DoutputDirectory=x/y/z
> Now it worked. According to the documentation however the "mdep." prefix is not needed,
and I would find it strange if it was needed. I think this problem is also true for other
parameters, maybe even for other goals.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message