maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jerome Lacoste (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MECLIPSE-537) Failed to produce a correct "org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs" file with eclipse:eclipse
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:26:56 GMT

    [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-537?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=197050#action_197050
] 

Jerome Lacoste commented on MECLIPSE-537:
-----------------------------------------

Note I tested this on a project with maven 2.2.1 and the problem disappeared. So I guess the
problem is related to maven not properly interpolating the values.

Can someone test also with maven 2.2.1 ?

See MECLIPSE-506

> Failed to produce a correct "org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs" file with eclipse:eclipse
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MECLIPSE-537
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-537
>             Project: Maven 2.x Eclipse Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core : Dependencies resolution and build path (.classpath)
>         Environment: Maven version: 2.0.7
> Java version: 1.5.0_15
> OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"
>            Reporter: rrrrutdk
>            Priority: Critical
>
> Two poms:
> - pom A (some jar or war packaging project)
> - pom P (parent pom of pom A)
> The parent pom defines the configuration of maven-compiler-plugin as following:
> bq. {code:xml}
> <gropuId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> <configuration>
>     <source>${project.build.jdkVersion}</source>
>     <target>${project.build.jdkVersion}</target>
> </configuration>
> {code}
> and has defined a property in the {{properties}} section:
> bq. {code:xml}
> <properties>
>     <project.build.jdkVersion>1.5</project.build.jdkVersion>
> </properties>
> {code}
> I invoked the *{{eclipse:eclipse}}* goal on pom A, and then got the generated Eclipse
project descriptors.
> The "org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs" file produced in .settings folder wrote:
> bq. {code}
> #Thu Mar 26 15:04:05 CST 2009
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.targetPlatform=${project.build.jdkVersion}
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.source=${project.build.jdkVersion}
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.compliance=${project.build.jdkVersion}
> {code}
> The placeholder {{project.build.jdkVersion}} was not replaced with the correct value
(expected "1.5"), and finally my eclipse failed to identify the compiler version.
> After I moved the compiler plugin and the property to pom A from pom P, and then executed
{{eclipse:eclipse}}, and finally the eclipse-plugin worked, and placeholder {{project.build.jdkVersion}}
was replaced as I expected.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message