maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kent Granström (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (MDEP-579) Regression: get goal does not pass server credentials to BasicRepositoryConnector
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:35:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEP-579?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16907957#comment-16907957
] 

Kent Granström commented on MDEP-579:
-------------------------------------

Apologies [~pmoerenhout]. I made a typo and testing it after that it seems to work just fine.
I can now use the "get" and it passes the creds nicely. I would concider this as solved,
at least for me :). Perhaps a few testcases ought to be written for this, and similar, scenarios.

Many many thanks [~pmoerenhout]

> Regression: get goal does not pass server credentials to BasicRepositoryConnector
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MDEP-579
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEP-579
>             Project: Maven Dependency Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: get
>    Affects Versions: 3.0.0, 3.0.1
>            Reporter: Richard W. Eggert II
>            Priority: Critical
>              Labels: credentials
>          Time Spent: 10m
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> The {{get}} goal does not pass the server credentials from {{settings.xml}} to the {{BasicRepositoryConnector}}
in version 3.0.1 (and, presumably 3.0.0), resulting in {{NotAuthorized}} errors when resolving
artifacts against repositories that require authentication. It works correctly in version
2.9.
> Background: I discovered this in the course of debugging a Jenkins job in which I'm using
the {{get}} and {{copy}} goals from the command line (with no POM) to download artifacts to
deploy. After spending several hours thinking that Jenkins was not properly configuring {{settings.xml}},
I noticed from the Maven debug output that the credentials were being passed when resolving
the maven-dependency-plugin and its dependencies, but not being passed when resolving the
artifact I requested. On a hunch I downgraded from maven-dependency-plugin version 3.0.1 to
2.9, and suddenly everything magically worked.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.14#76016)

Mime
View raw message