maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From GitBox <>
Subject [GitHub] [maven-surefire] im-konge opened a new pull request #313: Investigation of test results in XML vs Console
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2020 21:53:43 GMT

im-konge opened a new pull request #313:

   Signed-off-by: Lukas Kral <>
   This is more discussion or issue description than real PR with some changes.
   How you can see in this code, I changed a little bit asserts in rerun suite. The main problem
that I found is (from my POV) wrong counting of tests count. Or not displaying the real tests
run count.
   When we take a suite (class) where we have 3 tests, that 2 of them will run twice (one
rerun), the count will be like this (how is it in current tests) : `Tests run: 5, errors:
1, failures: 1, skipped: 0 ...` -> but this is not really the truth. It can be problem
in translation, but I would like to know how many tests (not with reruns) I ran -> 3. Then
if failures > 0 the test should be flaky etc.
   So I assume to add something like `tests count: 3, tests run: 5 ...` to the console reporter
and `tests: 3, runs: 5` to the XML reporter. 
   Second problem that I found is that results from XML file != results from console reporter.
I have some examples when I was talking to @Tibor17.

This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:

View raw message