mesos-reviews mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mesos Reviewbot Windows <revi...@mesos.apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Request 68132: Batch '/state' requests on Master.
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 15:51:02 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/68132/#review206662
-----------------------------------------------------------



PASS: Mesos patch 68132 was successfully built and tested.

Reviews applied: `['68131', '68132']`

All the build artifacts available at: http://dcos-win.westus.cloudapp.azure.com/artifacts/mesos-reviewbot-testing/2011/mesos-review-68132

- Mesos Reviewbot Windows


On July 31, 2018, 3:05 p.m., Alexander Rukletsov wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/68132/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated July 31, 2018, 3:05 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for mesos, Benno Evers and Benjamin Mahler.
> 
> 
> Bugs: MESOS-9122
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-9122
> 
> 
> Repository: mesos
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> With this patch handlers for '/state' requests are not scheduled
> directly after authorization, but are accumulated and then scheduled
> for later parallel processing.
> 
> This approach allows, if there are N '/state' requests in the Master's
> mailbox and T is the request response time, to block the Master actor
> only once for time O(T) instead of blocking it for time N*T prior to
> this patch.
> 
> This batching technique reduces both the time Master is spending
> answering '/state' requests and the average request response time
> in presence of multiple requests in the Master's mailbox. However,
> for seldom '/state' requests that don't accumulate in the Master's
> mailbox, the response time might increase due to an added trip
> through the mailbox.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   src/master/http.cpp 6947031da3ce3523408d69d6dac60551a39a4601 
>   src/master/master.hpp 0353d550308816f219aedb6afe15c643fc8bb340 
>   src/master/master.cpp 2af976f7ea7f81d4b06a45ce13286dbd61b9b144 
> 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/68132/diff/1/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> `make check` on Mac OS 10.13.5 and various Linux distros.
> 
> Run `MasterStateQueryLoad_BENCHMARK_Test.v0State` benchmark.
> 
> **Without this patch**
> ```
> Test setup: 100 agents with a total of 10000 running tasks and 10000 completed tasks;
10 '/state' and '/flags' requests will be sent with 200ms interval
> Launching 10 '/state' requests in background
> Launching 10 '/flags' requests
> '/flags' response on average took 1.102349605secs, 10 responses are in [2.662342ms, 2.143755433secs]
> '/state' response on average took 1.549122019secs, 10 responses are in [494.278454ms,
2.633971927secs]
> 
> Test setup: 1000 agents with a total of 100000 running tasks and 100000 completed tasks;
10 '/state' and '/flags' requests will be sent with 200ms interval
> Launching 10 '/state' requests in background
> Launching 10 '/flags' requests
> '/flags' response on average took 18.436968137secs, 10 responses are in [2.578238ms,
33.210561732secs]
> '/state' response on average took 23.916379537secs, 10 responses are in [5.170660597secs,
43.008091744secs]
> ```
> 
> **With this patch**
> ```
> Test setup: 100 agents with a total of 10000 running tasks and 10000 completed tasks;
10 '/state' and '/flags' requests will be sent with 200ms interval
> Launching 10 '/state' requests in background
> Launching 10 '/flags' requests
> '/flags' response on average took 417.211022ms, 10 responses are in [4.066901ms, 728.045442ms]
> '/state' response on average took 830.351291ms, 10 responses are in [459.033455ms, 1.208880892secs]
> 
> Test setup: 1000 agents with a total of 100000 running tasks and 100000 completed tasks;
10 '/state' and '/flags' requests will be sent with 200ms interval
> Launching 10 '/state' requests in background
> Launching 10 '/flags' requests
> '/flags' response on average took 5.439950928secs, 10 responses are in [3.246906ms, 9.343994388secs]
> '/state' response on average took 16.764607823secs, 10 responses are in [4.980333091secs,
18.461983916secs]
> ```
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Alexander Rukletsov
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message