metron-dev mailing list archives

From larry mccay <lmc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Metron_0.1BETA_rc3
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 01:38:08 GMT
Is there any Metron specific functional testing that can be performed as
criteria for giving a +1?
Can we use the ansible scripts to fire up a deployment and manually check
anything?

It's usually good to be able to specific a +1 and the list of things that
you tested.

Metro should have a staging directory inside of:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/.

I notice that there is already a release dir:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/metron/ and that
within this there is a KEYS file with Billie's and Owen's keys included
this is not the KEYS file used for this release candidate which may be okay
but having Billie's and Owen's in there help it be trusted by more folks
when verifying the signatures.

I am not sure that you want the KEYS file inside the source tree.

There are missing Apache headers in a many files.
All scripts, config files, descriptors must have Apache headers.

ambari_cluster_state.py has the following GNU license header which I do not
believe ASL friendly:

# Author: Mark Bittmann (https://github.com/mbittmann)
# This file is part of Ansible
#
# Ansible is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
# the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# Ansible is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#
# along with Ansible.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

Unfortunately, I have to give a -1 until these issues are corrected - or
someone corrects my understanding.