metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Metron_0.1BETA_rc3
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:13:49 GMT
At least regarding the Keys, we were following Apache Wave's (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-wave)  model who kept their keys in the
source repo.  I figured it would be a good idea so it was a known place.
Is there harm in keeping it there?  Certainly, we'll want to merge the
existing keys file with Owen and Billie's keys in.

Regarding verification, we have taken some pains to have an end-to-end
integration tests as a junit test available this release, so at the very
least ensure that mvn integration-test runs (though this is prerequisite
for any commit).
That being said, running vagrant up from
the deployment/vagrant/singlenode-vagrant/ directory will spin up a single
node VM with the software installed and running so you can play with it
further.  I would warn you that it's a bit overcommitted resource-wise at
the moment and components are prone to crash due to lack of memory, so be
aware of that.

What I normally do is:

   - stop all of the storm topologies other than pcap
   - run some traffic through there by pinging or wget'ing
   - Check that I'm seeing values in the elastic search index
      - Check to see that an index was created: curl
      http://node1:9200/_cat/indices?v
      - Check indexed values (assuming index name is
      pcap_index_2016.02.13.06 is the index): curl "
      http://node1:9200/pcap_index_2016.02.13.06/_search?pretty=true&q=*:*&size=28000"
      | python -m json.tool | vi -
      - Check that pcap raw data is making it to hbase via the hbase shell
   in the pcap_test table

Generally this is what's being done in the integration test called
PCapIntegrationTest.

The missing headers should be corrected, obviously, before the next RC.

I am not sure what to go through to about the GPL license on the
ambari_cluster_state.py.  Mark committed it, is there more to be done than
have Mark agree to re-license with Apache or is there some other more
official legal process that we have to go through?

Casey