metron-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Allen <n...@nickallen.org>
Subject Travis CI Tips
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:00:22 GMT
One thing that I’ve found useful is to have Travis CI run automated builds
for all of my own feature branches of Metron.  This lets me know early if
I’ve broken anything before even submitting a PR to Metron proper.

1. Create an account on Travis CI <https://travis-ci.org/> and connect it
to your Github account.

2. Travis will load all repos that you have admin control over.  Simply
flip the switch for your fork of Metron.

[image: Inline image 1]

3. Then click the little ‘Settings’ gear icon next to the Metron repo.

[image: Inline image 2]

4.  Turn on “Build only if .travis.yml is present”.  For me this was off by
default and so Travis attempted to use their "default" build which fails
miserably.

5. By default, you will get email notifications when Travis completes a
build.

[image: Inline image 1]