metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Metron_0.1BETA_rc5
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 19:46:48 GMT
Regarding the use of effective_tld_names.dat, it is in use currently in the
Whois enrichment adapter (for stripping top level domains from domains),
but that adapter is not turned on in the tech preview.  That being said,
it's likely we will want to use that file in the future.  Since this is a
reference file and the reason for the binary-only exclusion is "By
including only the object/binary form, there is less exposed surface area
of the third-party work from which a work might be derived; this addresses
the second guiding principle of this policy.", it would seem that its
inclusion as a piece of reference data lessens the exposed surface area
from which a work might be derived, no?

Casey