metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Metron_0.1BETA_rc5
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 01:37:25 GMT
Ok, I created a PR <https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/64>
with the changes mentioned in this thread:

   - Removed extraneous LICENSE files and COPYING files
   - Fixed the verbiage for the cisco contribution in the LICENSE file
   - Added link to the license files for the 3rd party bundled components
   under metron-ui/lib/public/vendor in the LICENSE file
   - Added inline licenses in the LICENSE file for the
      - fontawesome fonts
      - effective_tld_names.dat data file
      - bundled portions of kibana (where you saw the app.js without the
      header file)

We will exclude the site in the bundle for the next RC, which should happen
tomorrow.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Casey Stella <cestella@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are currently generating the site with jekyll and infra has something
> setup that will pull the site from git.
>
> Casey
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:55 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I think that should cover it.
>>
>> In terms of licensing issues with the website code, I would recommend
>> excluding it from the release. If it's not vital to building the metron
>> runtime components, it doesn't need to be in a release.
>>
>> How are you currently generating and publishing the website? Svnpubsub?
>>
>> -Taylor

>> in the
>> domains),
>> said,
>> is a
>> area
>> addresses
>> >>

>> > I read that part as saying that it's only okay to include the binary
>> > version; but since this is textual data there is no binary version of
>> these
>> > files that we could include.  However, I missed this part on my first
>> read:
>> > "For small amounts of source that is directly consumed by the ASF
>> product
>> > at runtime in source form, and for which that source is unmodified and
>> > unlikely to be changed anyway (say, by virtue of being specified by a
>> > standard), inclusion of appropriately labeled source is also permitted.
>> An
>> > example of this is the web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd, whose inclusion is
>> mandated
>> > by the JSR 127: JavaServer Faces specification."
>> >
>> > So it sounds like we could argue that these 3 files (which are all
>> > identical) are a small amount of source, and we will be allowed to
>> include
>> > them with an appropriate reference in our LICENSE **as long as we never
>> > modify the effective_tld_names.dat files**.

>> that
>> rid of
>> >>>
>> metron-streaming/Metron-Common/src/test/resources/effective_tld_names.dat
>> >>>

>> metron-streaming/Metron-MessageParsers/src/test/resources/effective_tld_names.dat
>> >>>

>> metron-streaming/Metron-Topologies/src/main/resources/effective_tld_names.dat

>> their

>> signature

>> jsirota@hortonworks.com>

>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/releases/tag/Metron_0.1BETA_rc5