A tag has been created for Metron_0.1BETA_RC5
With a Git hash:
The code is staged at http://home.apache.org/~jsirota/metron/Metron_0.1BETA_RC/RC_5/
The following are instructions for verifying the build.
Step 1 – Build Metron
mvn apache-rat:check && cd metron-streaming && mvn clean integration-test && cd ..
Verify that all tests are passing
Step 2 – Deploy metron as a single VM via vagrant and ansible
vagrant plugin install vagrant-hostmanager
For a more complete set of instructions refer to:https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/deployment
Verify metron is working:
- Check Ambari to make sure all the services are up by going to ambari in a browser at http://node1:8080
- Check Storm to make sure all the topologies are up
From Ambari navigate to Storm -> Quick Links -> Storm UI
- Check that the enrichment topology has emitted some data (could take a few minutes to show up in the Storm UI)
- Check indexes to make sure indexing is done correctly and data is visualized in Kibana in a browser at http://node1:5000
- Check that some data is written into HDFS for at least one of the data sources
Look in HDFS under /apps/metron/enrichment/indexed/yaf_doc|bro_doc|snort_doc
This can be done from the browser by going to http://node:50070/explorer.html#/apps/metron/enrichment/indexed
Step 3 (optional) – Verify AWS Multi-Node Deploy with Ansible
ansible-playbook -i ec2.py playbook.yml
For a more complete set of instructions refer to:
To verify the working build go through the same verifications as in Step2, but on AWS. Reference playbook.yml for location of the services.
Ambari-master contains Ambari, web contains Kibana and sensors.
Please vote +1 if you approve and –1 if you do not approve. Also, please indicate if your
vote is binding