metron-dev mailing list archives

From Kyle Richardson <kylerichards...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 01:25:05 GMT
Hi All,

I've recently joined both the dev and user mailing lists for Metron and
thought I'd give a short intro before I started in with questions.

I've been working in the Cyber Security space for a little over 4 years now
primarily as a SIEM Engineer, SOC Analyst, and SOC Manager. In my current
role, I'm primarily responsible for our SIEM system soup to nuts and for
investigating "Security Analytics" and "Big Data for Security" tools for
possible implementation.

I'm in the early stages of getting a functional Metron install up and
running, and am really interested in helping contribute to the project from
both a use case / ideas perspective as well as working code and
documentation.

The first use case I'm trying to build out is using Cisco ASA firewall logs
on a single node VM. I've run into a couple of snags but have been
reasonably okay at working through them thus far.

On to my questions... Can anyone create an account and contribute to the
Jira board? If I do find small fixes can I submit them as PRs? If so, are
there any special conventions you use that I should know?

I think this is a very exciting project and am looking forward to getting
involved.

Thanks!

-Kyle