metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject Metron-265 Model as a Service
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 21:00:15 GMT
Hi all,

I think we are at the point where we should try to tackle Model as a
service for Metron.  As such, I created a JIRA and proposed an architecture
for accomplishing this within Metron.

My inclination is to be data science language/library agnostic and to
provide a general purpose REST infrastructure for managing and serving
models trained on historical data captured from Metron.  The assumption is
that we are within the hadoop ecosystem, so:

   - Models stored on HDFS
   - REST Model Services resource-managed via Yarn
   - REST Model Services discovered via Zookeeper.

I would really appreciate community comment on the JIRA (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-265).  The proposed
architecture is attached as a document to that JIRA.

I look forward to feedback!

Best,

Casey