metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metron Community Meeting
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:22:10 GMT
I completely agree; didn't get around to it yesterday.

The meeting agenda was an discussion around the features going into Metron
0.2.1BETA lead by James Sirota and the committers.
We discussed, at a high level:

   - Model as a Service JIRA
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-265>
   - The split of the Indexing topology from the Enrichment topology JIRA
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-154>
   - The unification of the stellar query and transformation languages JIRA
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-362>
   - The expansion of stellar transformations into the enrichment topology
   JIRA <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-341>

After that we took questions from the attendees, of which there was really
only one which was how should someone get started in contributing to
Metron.  The question was asked by someone interested in the advanced
analytics side of the project, so  I expressed an interest in building
better integrations for the Model as a Service component to popular data
science modeling libraries and languages, such as building an easy way to
expose models expressed as PMML or Spark pipelines as REST endpoints,
requiring model authors to not have to do that heavy lifting.

As general advice, we have a number of newbie (aka easyfix) labeled tickets
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-378?jql=project%20%3D%20METRON%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie>
and
would welcome solutions to those.  Of course, we welcome most any
contribution for the project, so please feel free to help out where you
feel a desire and interest.

Thanks,

Casey