metron-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: community demo tomorrow
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 00:09:01 GMT
I'd love to see a demo, but with my mentor hat on I would say wait.  Try not to schedule things
too soon so people in other time zones have a chance to participate. This is what's behind
the 72 hr. wait period for votes at the ASF.

I haven't checked, but I think the Metron community is largely based in North America. As
the community grows, this will undoubtedly change to include all parts (and time zones) of
the world.

Solicit times and dates from the community, then collectively choose one. Also decide on a
medium (ghangouts, zoom, webex, etc.). Afterwords, summarize what was discussed and send it
to the mailing list so those who couldn't attend know what happened.

-Taylor

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 7:41 PM, James Sirota <jsirota@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Does anyone want to do a demo tomorrow?  Or should we push it off till next week so that
we have a chance to review and commit a few more pull requests?  Looks like we have 19 open
right now.  I think that's the most we've ever gotten in a 2-week time frame.  Great job,
community!