metron-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Throwe <jthr...@covermymeds.com>
Subject Re: question on 'abandoned' pr
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:25:48 GMT
Sorry about that, was on holiday and the github messages got stuffed into a folder that I missed.
 I'll update the PR accordingly.

From: P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:32 PM
To: dev@metron.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: question on 'abandoned' pr

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 9:19 PM, Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/361
>
> This is a valid PR for building on macs, but the submitter has not
> responded to comments about changing PR title with the jira name.  I would
> very much like to land it, but I’m not sure how we want to proceed.
>
> Originally it did not have a jira, so I created one.
>
> How should this be handled?
>
> Should I create my own pr based on this one and to resolve the issue?

You are fine to do that IMO. The fact that the individual opened a pull request shows intention
to contribute, so you can safely include that commit. However,  I would advise against squashing
it. It is important to retain authorship history.

-Taylor
This electronic transmission is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If
you are not an intended addressee, do not disclose, copy or take any other action in reliance
on this transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it from
your system and notify CoverMyMeds LLC at privacy@covermymeds.com. Thank you.