metron-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reporting Issues Wiki
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 06:32:35 GMT
Actually, it is a little odd that we would ask users to email to issues@.  For most projects
that is a broad distro list, where Apache Jira sends automatic notifications of every change
to every ticket in the project’s (METRON) Jira project.  It would normally be expected to
be essentially read-only, altho evidently ezmlm is set up to allow apache.org email addresses
(meaning you’re a committer or PMC member) to send to it.  Being a subscriber/recipient
of it is unrelated to the privs for sending to it (unlike users@ or dev@).

James or David, has issues@ for the metron project been set up differently than the Apache
norm, so it is in fact an appropriate place for non-committer users to report problems with
Jira?

Thanks,
--Matt