metron-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Gratuating to Apache Top Level Project
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:14:57 GMT

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 12:46 PM, Casey Stella <cestella@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On the whole, I think we're ready to graduate based on the maturity
> checklist posted.  I think the issues with the 0.3.0 build were resolved as
> of METRON-600 (the new website with proper download links and appropriate
> indication that we are an incubated project).

As a mentor, I feel metron is ready to graduate.

> The only thing that gives has given me pause is that we did find (and
> correct as of METRON-283) a compile-time dependency on MySQL, a
> non-compliant license derivative-work-wise.  My remaining question would be
> directed at the Mentors, are license review of graduating projects done on
> the current codebase or the most recent release?  If it's the most recent
> release, then we should do a point-release after METRON-283 is in prior to
> submitting for graduation.

License reviews are done on a per release basis. What’s in your repo only matters when it
comes time to make a release. In other words, if you have some category-x code/dependency
in your repo, that’s fine, but needs to be corrected in order to release.

If your last release was affected by METRON-283 (had a compile time dependency of a cat-x
licensed artifact) I would recommend doing a point release.

> Beyond that, I am most interested in the opinions of the Mentors.  Do you
> see any barriers that we should address?  If we can anticipate issues, we
> should correct them before going through the effort of trying to graduate.

I think you’re ready.

> Casey

-Taylor