metron-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS][MENTORS] Hosting Kraken maven artifacts in incubator-metron git repo
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:50:02 GMT
Restarting this thread w/new subject

This is a question primarily for the mentors.

*Background*
metron-common is currently depending on the openSOC github repo for hosting
kraken artifacts. The original reason for this was that these jars are not
hosted in Maven Central, and they were not reliably available in the Kraken
repo. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-650 is tracking work
around copying these artifacts to the Metron repo.

Kraken source on openSOC - https://github.com/OpenSOC/kraken
Krake maven repo on openSOC -
https://github.com/OpenSOC/kraken/tree/mvn-repo

*Ask*
Create a new branch in incubator-metron to host any necessary maven
artifacts. This branch would simply be incubator-metron/mvn-repo. This is
similar to how we've hosted the asf-site.

*Concerns/Questions*

   1. Can we host these jars/artifacts in this manner?
   2. Concerns regarding licensing?
   3. Do we need to also grab and host the source code?