metron-dev mailing list archives

From "Zeolla@GMail.com" <zeo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next Release (0.3.1) Content
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:04:03 GMT
To start I was mostly concerned with having a per-version list of
non-backwards-compatible changes, so upgrades that may skip a version of
two can look at what all may be impacted.  We should also probably document
any sort of upgrade flaws as well, such as METRON-447
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-447>, METRON-448
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-448>, etc.  I do think that
we should have a more rigorous document, but I wouldn't push that for the
0.3.1 release.  I see that (along with the Management UI, API, etc.) as key
(required) components of a 1.0 release.  I'd just like to see the
foundation begin to be laid and iterated on.

That said, this probably constitutes a mention in the development guidelines
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61332235>
once
it's in master.

Jon