metron-dev mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on 'abandoned' pr
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:42:17 GMT
Great!  thank you.

On January 27, 2017 at 05:25:58, Jesse Throwe (jthrowe@covermymeds.com)
wrote:

Sorry about that, was on holiday and the github messages got stuffed into a
folder that I missed. I'll update the PR accordingly.

From: P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:32 PM
To: dev@metron.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: question on 'abandoned' pr

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 9:19 PM, Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/361
>
> This is a valid PR for building on macs, but the submitter has not
> responded to comments about changing PR title with the jira name. I would
> very much like to land it, but I’m not sure how we want to proceed.
>
> Originally it did not have a jira, so I created one.
>
> How should this be handled?
>
> Should I create my own pr based on this one and to resolve the issue?

You are fine to do that IMO. The fact that the individual opened a pull
request shows intention to contribute, so you can safely include that
commit. However, I would advise against squashing it. It is important to
retain authorship history.

-Taylor
This electronic transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not an intended addressee, do not disclose, copy
or take any other action in reliance on this transmission. If you have
received this transmission in error, please delete it from your system and
notify CoverMyMeds LLC at privacy@covermymeds.com. Thank you.