metron-dev mailing list archives

From David Lyle <dlyle65...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Reduce Reliance on Ansible for Deployment
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:56:32 GMT
Looks like my replies were only going to Otto, sorry about that- I'll
gather them here:

"What does this do for Monit?"

Monit would be deprecated for components under Ambari management.

"How would this effect deploying new parsers or parsers not shipped?
When I prototyped this I added a monit entry."

Hard to say having not seen Otto's prototype, but I suspect no effect.

Fwiw, there is a jira about sideloading that is meant for deploying custom
parsers. Last I looked, the management was still up for design.

I"ve opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-667 to track this
work. I'd like to get started. Thoughts?

-D...