metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject [MENTORS] Questions about Release Process
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:06:29 GMT
Mentors,

We're having a discussion about voting on our release process documentation
(at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66854770).
The following two things came up and I think it'd be good to have Mentor
input.

In the documentation, we have the following:

Creation of the Maintenance Release should follow exactly the same set of
> steps as creating the Feature Release as outlined above, but with two
> exception.  First, the version incremented on the maintenance release
> should be the MR++ so that the release is named 0.[FR].[MR++].  Second, if
> a critical JIRA comes in that requires an immediate patch we may forego
> steps 2-5 and immediately cut the MR release.  A critical JIRA is something
> that is either a security vulnerability or a functional show stopper .

Do maintenance releases or releases that are due to urgent security issues
still have to go through the normal apache voting process?

Casey