metron-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: METRON-648 GrokWebSphereParserTest and BasicAsaParserTest are not 2017-safe
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:08:31 GMT
I’ll subordinate this to METRON-647 since it was evidently filed while I was writing METRON-648
(I did check before!)

The question below remains valid, however…

On 1/3/17, 1:59 PM, "Matt Foley" <mattf@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi all,
    As described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-648 , these two test modules
are not year-safe, and are suddenly (as of 2017) giving false Travis errors.

    I can fix it quickly, but a question for the “owners” of GrokParser:  Do you have
an opinion as to whether the fix should be done by adding "2016" to the testString values
in the GrokWebSphereParserTest test module (easy, and only affects the test module), vs making
GrokParser use a Clock object set to 2016 (more involved, and affecting core code, but allowing
for more interesting testing)?

    For those interested, BasicAsaParserTest::testShortTimestamp() illustrates the use of
Clock object in the Asa Parser and its test module.

    Thanks,
    --Matt