metron-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Merriman <merrim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Metron Management UI
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 15:18:02 GMT
Jon, I've done my best to keep this UI in sync with the API PR so you can
play around with it now if you want.  There are 2 different versions of the
UI:  one without the Blockly editor (
https://github.com/merrimanr/incubator-metron/tree/METRON-623) and one with
(https://github.com/merrimanr/incubator-metron/tree/blockly).  The Blockly
editor feature contains a significant amount of code so we decide to keep
it in it's own branch so reviewing will be easier.

If you are familiar with the javascript ecosystem it's not hard to start it
up but some instructions will definitely help.  I will add a README to make
this easier but here's a quick summary:

Start up the Docker environment in metron-docker
Set the "docker.host.address" property in
/incubator-metron/metron-interface/metron-rest/src/main/resources/application-docker.yml
to match the IP address of your Docker machine
Run org.apache.metron.rest.MetronRestApplication with spring active
profiles set to "docker,dev"
Navigate to metron-interface/metron-config and run "npm install"
Start the UI with "metron-config/scripts/start-dev.sh"

We're still working on a seamless install process but this should work in
the meantime.  Feel free to reach out if you need help getting it going.
As for feedback, I wouldn't limit it to what the API currently provides the
API PR.  We can add services as needed.

Ryan