metron-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Allen <n...@nickallen.org>
Subject BulkMessageWriterBolt and MessageGetters
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 19:24:21 GMT
I am trying to use the `BulkMessageWriterBolt` to write a specific tuple
field named "measurement" to a Kafka topic.

    -   id: "kafkaBolt"
        className: "org.apache.metron.writer.bolt.BulkMessageWriterBolt"
        constructorArgs:
            - "${kafka.zk}"
        configMethods:
            -   name: "withMessageWriter"
                args:
                    - ref: "kafkaWriter"
            -   name: "withMessageGetter"
                args:
                    - "measurement"

Rather than wanting the name of a field, it wants the name of a valid
`MessageGetters` enum; either RAW or NAMED.  It seems like there is no way
for me to plugin a `NamedMessageGetter` with a custom field name like
"measurement".

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to do this out-of-the-box?