metron-dev mailing list archives

From David Lyle <dlyle65...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build Times are getting out of hand
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:09:52 GMT
Absolutely agree. I also think we'd want both once we've done that. Travis
is good for smoke testing PRs and Commits. Jenkins is good for nightly runs
of medium duration tests and would be great for automating our distributed
testing if we found infrastructure to support it. I've seen them used in
concert to provide a good solution.

But, initially, I'd like to see us get our in-process stuff replaced with
docker where (if) it makes sense, refactored to run in parallel, the poms
refactored to handle our dependencies better and our uber jars removed
where they can be and minimized where they cannot be.

Which, I think, is a long-winded way of saying "I'd like to see us do what
Casey suggested." :)

-D...