metron-dev mailing list archives

From Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next Release (0.3.1) Content
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 22:03:29 GMT
Just a quick release update.  As of now, we are waiting on

   - METRON-660 to get reviewed and make it in
   - METRON-692 to get our upgrade.md completed for this release

Mike Miklavcic, you sent an email to the legal-discuss about our kraken
dependency and it looked like we didn't have to change, but could you
comment on this thread in the dev list so I know if we need to wait for
METRON-650.

Casey

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Casey Stella <cestella@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I've created the upgrading document for 0.3.0 to 0.3.1 and included
> the things that I know about and the things Jon mentioned here.  Please, if
> you have knowledge of other breaking/non-compatible changes between the
> 0.3.0 release and master, comment on this PR (https://github.com/apache/
> incubator-metron/pull/437) and I will incorporate them.
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Zeolla@GMail.com <zeolla@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> To start I was mostly concerned with having a per-version list of
>> non-backwards-compatible changes, so upgrades that may skip a version of
>> two can look at what all may be impacted.  We should also probably
>> document
>> any sort of upgrade flaws as well, such as METRON-447
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-447>, METRON-448
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-448>, etc.  I do think that
>> we should have a more rigorous document, but I wouldn't push that for the
>> 0.3.1 release.  I see that (along with the Management UI, API, etc.) as
>> key
>> (required) components of a 1.0 release.  I'd just like to see the
>> foundation begin to be laid and iterated on.
>>
>> That said, this probably constitutes a mention in the development
>> guidelines
>> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?
>> pageId=61332235>
>> once
>> it's in master.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM Casey Stella <cestella@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I should add, you may be thinking something more rigorous and
>> > step-by-step.  If so, you think you might be interested in volunteering
>> > do a first draft as a PR that we can adjust?

> [...]
MPack
>> > code
>> Stellar
>> functions