metron-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Metron Management UI
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:07:42 GMT
The MPack creates elastic templates for the standard parsers included in the pack.

However, when creating new sensors we should be able to infer Elastic templates from the schema.
There are certain fields that we need to mark types for to generate those templates (e.g.
date / time fields). This goes back to the debate we had a while ago about, for example, typing
in the grok parser, but applies for others too. I suspect that since we should be able to
infer all the types needed for templates, this is more an excellent feature enhancement for
the REST api layer, unless anyone can think of a reason we would need explicit type definition
in the schema config element of the UI. Thoughts?

Simon

>>> HLivian@hortonworks.com<mailto:HLivian@hortonworks.com>