metron-dev mailing list archives

From Raghu Mitra Kandikonda <r...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Unique id for messages
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:26:24 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to start a discussion around adding a unique id to all the parsed messages.
I feel there  was  a discussion around a similar topic but I am not sure as a community we
agreed on a proposal.

We could
-use a random number generator like UUID but this might have performance implications
-use a kafka topic name + systemtime + Kafka message offset to generate a unique identifier
-use the input message to generate a hashcode

Any thoughts ?

(Attached email that had similar discussion for error indexing)

Regards,
RaghuM