metron-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Stepping down as release manager
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 02:35:03 GMT
+1 to everything Billie says here.

I typically advise all podlings to avoid adopting bylaws unless there is a compelling reason
to differ from the ASF standard. The "tasked with adopting bylaws" clause in graduation resolutions
is unnecessary and has proliferated, IMO, through copy/paste.

I say this as someone who has made the same mistake when incubating. In retrospect, I would
have stuck with the (sane) defaults. Debates in a PMC over what a particular bylaw phrase
actually "means" can be counterproductive and exasperating.

-Taylor