metron-dev mailing list archives

From David Lyle <dlyle65...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metron Installation on an Ambari-Managed Cluster?
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 14:01:29 GMT
A cool thing about the MPack is that you can now leverage blueprints [1] in
an automated way.

I'm traveling this week, so this is from my phone,  please excuse if there
are more typos than usual

The overall flow is pretty much what we're doing in Ansible (it uses
blueprints under the hood).

Install Ambari using the automation you prefer.
Install the MPack on top.
Register an Ambari blueprint that also defines the Metron service with your
cluster.
Create and register a hostmapping file that defines the host to role
mapping.
Monitor the task id for progress.

-D...

1 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Blueprints