metron-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] next release proposal
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 06:13:38 GMT
Hi all,
I’ve put together RC1 for the 0.4.0 release of Metron, along with its book-site.  It is
available for your review at
            https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.4.0-RC1-incubating/

I’m not putting it to VOTE yet, because I think some additional fixes are probably necessary:
• We should add documentation for the remaining backward-incompatible changes
• We should add these important bug fixes that have been committed to master since the 0.4.0
branch was cut:
    o METRON-634 fixes for Mpack for Centos7
    o METRON-856 Ansible rpm build wipes out prior binary build
    o METRON-821 Minor fixes in full dev kerberos setup instructions
    o Please give me your +1 for these additions
• These PRs are currently open, and seem important to complete the Kerberos picture:
    o METRON-799: The MPack should function in a kerberized cluster
    o METRON-835 Use Profiler with Kerberos
    o METRON-836 Use Pycapa with Kerberos
    o METRON-859 Use REST application with Kerberos
    o Please give me your evaluation of whether these can be committed Real Soon Now, or we
should not wait for them.
• This PR is open and seems important to complete the REST picture:
    o METRON-795: Install Metron REST with Ambari MPack
    o Please give me your evaluation of whether this can be committed Real Soon Now, or we
should not wait for it.
• Anything else?  I’ve deliberately left out the commits on master that represent new
functionality not already in (or mostly in) the 0.4.0 branch.

Thanks,
--Matt