metron-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Merriman <merrim...@gmail.com>
Subject [MENTORS] Minified javascript license
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 12:51:21 GMT
Mentors,

We package javascript code in a tar.gz archive for one of our modules.
Before it is added to the archive it is compiled down from Typescript, then
minified.  Would that code still be considered source at that point and
still require a license header?

I found this section on the Apache website that seems relevant (
https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#is-a-short-form-of-the-source-header-available)
because it mentions minified javascript as an example.  But I'm not clear
on what exactly must be done to the minified javascript file.  How and
where should the shorter form be applied?  If it should be applied as a
comment then why not just apply the normal header?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.  I am not able to
find a clear example or explanation and want to make sure this gets done
correctly.

Ryan Merriman