metron-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] next release proposal
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:30:55 GMT
Totally agree would be good to have MPack support.  Let’s see how it goes.  Wouldn’t want
to cut it out for the sake of a day or two.

On 4/5/17, 1:14 PM, "Justin Leet" <justinjleet@gmail.com> wrote:

    I've made fairly good progress on
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-799 (The MPack should function
    in a kerberized cluster).  The PR itself might cut close to the deadline,
    and in particular might be tough to get reviewed in time.

    I'll do a best effort attempt to get it in to make our Kerberos story more
    complete, but I'd say the release can go on without this (and we use manual
    Kerberos in its absence).

    Justin

    On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Matt Foley <mattf@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
    >

    >     On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org> wrote:
    >
    >     > I would like to include #509 with the Fastcapa improvements..
    > Already have
    >     > a +1.  I'm just letting it soak giving others some time to review if
    > they
    >     > feel so inclined.
    >     >
    >     > https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/509
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:50 PM, James Sirota <jsirota@apache.org>
    > wrote:
    >     >
    >     > > I second this.  I want to see 623 go in in addition to the
    > kerberos work.
    >     > > When both are in I think it makes sense to do the release
    >     > >
    >     > > 04.04.2017, 11:33, "Simon Elliston Ball" <
    > simon@simonellistonball.com>:
    >     > > > I'd really like to see METRON-623 (the ui) get into the release.
    > It
    >     > > feels like the current PR review is getting close, and that
    > getting it in
    >     > > then focussing on follow on tasks in a separate release would work
    > well.
    >     > > >
    >     > > > I would be all for getting a release out if only for the
    > Kerberos work.
    >     > > >
    >     > > > Simon
    >     > > >
    >     > > >>  On 4 Apr 2017, at 20:15, Zeolla@GMail.com <zeolla@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >     > > >>
    >     > > >>  How far out is the management UI?
    >     > > >>
    >     > > >>  Jon
    >     > > >>
    >     > > >>>  On Tue, Apr 4, 2017, 2:09 PM Matt Foley <mattf@apache.org>
    > wrote:
    >     > > >>>
    >     > > >>>  Hi all,
    >     > > >>>  Although it’s only been a few weeks since the last
release was
    >     > finally
    >     > > >>>  published, that process started in January :-)
    >     > > >>>  Also, the last commit in 0.3.1 was Feb 23, and there’s
been a
    > ton of
    >     > > >>>  really cool new stuff added since then:
    >     > > >>>
    >     > > >>>  Biggest items:
    >     > > >>>  - Multiple commits for REST API (base Jira: METRON-503)
    >     > > >>>  - Multiple commits to work with Kerberized (secure) clusters
    > (mult.
    >     > > Jiras)
    >     > > >>>
    >     > > >>>  Other major new features:
    >     > > >>>  - METRON-690: DSL-based sparse time window specification
for
    >     > Profiler
    >     > > >>>  - METRON-733: Remove Geo db from ParserBolt
    >     > > >>>  - METRON-686: Record rule set that fired during Threat
Triage
    >     > > >>>  - METRON-743: Sort files when reading results from Pcap
    >     > > >>>  - METRON-701: Triage metrics produced by Profiler
    >     > > >>>  - METRON-744: Stellar external functions loaded from
HDFS