metron-dev mailing list archives

From sml...@libero.it
Subject Re: Installation problem with Docker and processor that does not support virtualization
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 09:51:44 GMT
Hei Jon,

thank you.

I don't know which are the differences between 0.3.1 and 0.4.0.

Unfortunately for me, my CPU does not support virtualization.  That means that I cannot use
Docker.

The only workaround that I found is to use AWS directly but for me that I have never used
Mentor it could be a so big step...

So the question is, do I lose many things if I start with Mentor 0.3.1 into a single VM without
Docker?

Best regards,

Simone

> Il 8 giugno 2017 alle 11.37 "Zeolla@GMail.com" <zeolla@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>

>     If I recall properly, 0.3.1 does not require docker yet.  That will come with 0.4.0/master.
 It still does require virtualization, however, to spin up the dev environments (excluding
if you were to run it on AWS).

>     Jon
>

>     On Thu, Jun 8, 2017, 2:03 AM <smlabs@libero.it mailto:smlabs@libero.it > wrote:
>
>         > >
> >         Hello,
> >
> >         I didn't check the BIOS if I can enable it.
> >
> >         Then, I see that yesterday has been updated the installation guideline for
Metron 0.3.1 as follows:

> >         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68718548
> >
> >         Reading that, there is no mention to Docker.
> >         Maybe for my experiments (I do have to test some ML algo's) and improve
my knowledge on this tool that installation should be enough.