metron-dev mailing list archives

From James Sirota <jsir...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:46:09 GMT
Matt, I think we have been waiting for a reply from Christian for a while.  I would like to
proceed with the build and if he chimes in we can include his PR in the next release.

26.06.2017, 10:17, "Matt Foley" <mattf@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
> I am proceeding with building the 0.4.0 release candidate, from current HEAD of master.
>
> Christian, still looking forward to getting the improvements for the PaloAlto parser
in, in testable form. If you’re not going to be able to fix the unit tests presently, please
tell the community so maybe someone else will pick up the task. (BTW, we are all under various
time constraints, so we understand if you cannot commit the time at this point.) You also
mentioned being able to provide some anonymized test data, which would be extremely useful
if someone else does need to do the unit tests.

> Thanks much,
> --Matt
>
> On 6/2/17, 11:36 AM, "Matt Foley" <mfoley@hortonworks.com on behalf of mattf@apache.org>
wrote:

>     Hi Christian,
>     I agree this would be nice to have. I also agree with @kylerichardson ‘s review
comments that the change (with field renames and outputs) is large enough to require consistent
changes in the unit test. Could you please revive the unit test for PaloAltoParser?

>     Thanks,
>     --Matt
>
>     On 6/2/17, 2:03 AM, "Christian Tramnitz" <tramnitz@trasec.de> wrote:
>
>         While not a must-have, METRON-941 / PR-579 should be trivial enough to
include it.

>         Thanks,
>            Christian

Thank you,