metron-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>
Subject Re: Storm Slots - creating and deploying parsers
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 17:29:26 GMT
That’s a great idea, at the moment I believe it just sort of fails silently when creating
the topology, so we should definitely get a JIRA for that. I’ll kick off something to collect
some of the collected wisdom from everyone as well I think on Storm, maybe we need a tuning
page similar to Jon’s excellent Search tuning page.

Simon

> On 2 Jun 2017, at 18:27, Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Simon,
> Can you write a blurb on your best practices?  I would like to add it to METRON-947 steps
and documentation.

> Maybe the Jira for the Management UI would be to have something tell you if you don’t
have enough slots to activate a parser or something?

wrote:

>> Correct, you need to make sure you have sufficient slots in Ambari. Personally I
tend to just add a bunch of ports at install, and create slots across the supervisors, but
you can always add more supervisors too.