metron-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Leet <justinjl...@gmail.com>
Subject Code style change requires vote?
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:50:12 GMT
Hi all,

There was a bit of confusion on code style on at least one ticket,
indirectly related to https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/577.  For a
refresher (and also because GitHub is being iffy today), that PR is about
moving to the Google Code Style as discussed in [DISCUSS] Code Style
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/bd8afff9ad4fe83feb5e7fdfd5d136947665fd6e4e9856807d06e9a3@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E>

The feedback in that thread was positive, but no formal vote was done.
I've found at least one vote thread for dev guidelines in the past, but
it's also not part of the bylaws page itself.  Does this require just
discussion/community consensus, or does it require (or do we just want) a
vote?  And is that in line with what other projects tend to do (if we
choose to fo

If we're of the opinion that it requires a vote, I'll happy to kick up a
discuss thread with the proposed change, get feedback, and run a vote.  It
just delays when the change hits.