metron-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code style change requires vote?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 03:38:44 GMT
Justin, this is great! Thanks again for the contribution as well as for the
follow-up and clarification on dev guidelines as well as community vote,
etc. I was under the impression that while the end goal is implicit, ie
using the new standard henceforth, that there was some follow on work
towards community agreement and migrating the existing code base to
conforming to the new standards per this comment in the PR - "No
enforcement of Checkstyle is made, and in fact, by default checkstyle.xml
sets everything to warning." However, Matt's comments seem to address any
ambiguity here since we had 2 +1's on the ticket. Thanks for the
clarification on this, Matt. For my own part I will send out a courtesy
notice to the dev list before merging PR's like this in the future. While
the checkstyle changes are passive in nature (ie, not enforced in the
build), I think it's still a good practice to connect the dots between
discuss threads and relevant PR's.