metron-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping support for elastic 2.x
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:55:51 GMT
The client I'm currently working on moving towards would *not* be backwards
compatible.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-rest/current/java-rest-high-compatibility.html

"
The High Level Client is guaranteed to be able to communicate with any
Elasticsearch node running on the same major version and greater or equal
minor version. It doesn’t need to be in the same minor version as the
Elasticsearch nodes it communicates with, as it is forward compatible
meaning that it supports communicating with later versions of Elasticsearch
than the one it was developed for.

The 5.6 client can communicate with any 5.6.x Elasticsearch node. Previous
5.x minor versions like 5.5.x, 5.4.x etc. are not (fully) supported.
"

Best,
Mike