metron-dev mailing list archives

From "Zeolla@GMail.com" <zeo...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release Process Update
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:32:55 GMT
Today I was poking around the Metron site and documentation, and I noticed
that the site-book's travis build status image is pointing to master for
all of our releases.  We should probably update the release process
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Release+Process> to pin
this to the specific release.

I will happily handle the documentation update but I wanted to ask, what
should it be pointing to?  Repointing is incredibly straightforward
<https://travis-ci.org/apache/metron/branches>, but I'm not sure would be
more appropriate to use - the release branches (e.g. Metron_0.4.1), or
the release tags (e.g. apache-metron-0.4.1-release)?  I'm not clear on
their specific uses in our environment.  In reviewing our current process,
it appears that we _could_ use either.

I also wanted to ask, does anybody think that this should get fixed
historically?  I think that this might be an excessive amount of hassle,
but I wanted to put it out there since I'm not intimately familiar with
what we'd need to do in order to clean this up.

Jon
--

Jon