metron-dev mailing list archives

From Laurens Vets <laur...@daemon.be>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Stellar in a Zeppelin Notebook
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 16:55:12 GMT
On 2017-12-19 07:03, Nick Allen wrote:

> (1) I love the REPL, but I hate how inaccessible it is.
>
> (2) I love our use cases [1] and examples [2], but I hate how difficult it is for a new
user to run them.

> (3) I love the extensibility of Metron, but I hate looking at JSON.
>
> (4) I love the Profiler, but I hate not being able to *see* my profiles as plots.

> Let me introduce, Stellar running in a Zeppelin Notebook.
>
>> (1) Access the REPL from any web browser.
>>
>> (2) Create executable use cases that can be easily shared between users.
>>
>> (3) Use the simpler management functions to interact with Metron (less JSON).
>>
>> (4) Extract your profiles and create a time series plot.
>
> The screenshot above is a very lightweight MVP showing that we can run Stellar from Zeppelin.
 I have a lot more work ahead in refactoring the existing Stellar Shell/REPL functionality
so that we get the same experience in Zeppelin as we get on the command line.

I love your screenshot :D

On a more serious note, I wanted to add the examples and use cases to
the installation documentation somehow (maybe as an addendum?) in the
future.

Links:
------
[1]