metron-dev mailing list archives

From "Zeolla@GMail.com" <zeo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release?
Date Thu, 10 May 2018 12:43:54 GMT
I tend to like grouping the es changes into one release (i.e. include the
index name change) and solr into another (next release).

I think we go too long between releases myself and wouldn't be against
doing two releases just a couple of months apart.

Jon

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 14:47 Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklavcic@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't have a strong opinion. The ES upgrade alone is a massive feature.
> It could make it easier to include the index change I mentioned along with
> Solr as a follow-up. I think if we did split, we could arguably start on
> the next release with Solr almost immediately.
>
> On Wed, May 9, 2018, 12:40 PM Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org> wrote:
>
> > Simon brought up the idea of including the Solr enhancements (currently
> in
> > a feature branch) for the release.  What are people's opinions on this?
> Is
> > this something that is a blocker for the release?
> >
> > IMO, there is so much already in master waiting to be released that I
> don't
> > see a need to include it in the next release.  I'd be happy to see that
> > Solr work drive a follow-on release.
> >

> > On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Michael Miklavcic <
> > michael.miklavcic@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > One item we haven't gotten around to was redoing the index names to
> use a
> > > metron_ prefix. I'm the one that pushed the original DISCUSS thread on
> > > this, but haven't had a chance to advance it. Does anyone have any
> strong
> > > opinions on it? I originally thought it made sense to include alongside
> > the
> > > other major ES and Solr changes.

> > release.
> > > going