metron-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBaseDao and IndexDao abstraction
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 14:11:41 GMT
Hi Muhammed,

I think you probably want to start with our parser infrastructure rather
than the DAO's for what you're doing. This series of blog posts gives a use
case driven walkthrough that should help shed some light on things:
Part 1 (start here) -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/2016/04/25/Metron+Tutorial+-+Fundamentals+Part+1%3A+Creating+a+New+Telemetry
TOC of the 7-part series -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/2016/06/22/Metron+Tutorial+-+Fundamentals+Part+7%3A+Dashboarding+with+Kibana

Here's some details about our parser infrastructure -
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-platform/metron-parsers
...which feeds into the data enrichment topology -
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-platform/metron-enrichment
...which feeds into the indexing topology, which you've already found

Hope this helps for a start!

Best,
Mike Miklavcic