metron-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Meller <tibor.mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switching to a better alternative of Pikaday.js
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:18:50 GMT
Hi Guys,

I think we could consider moving to ng bootstrap. It solves most of our
problems and makes our code base cleaner easier to maintain.

Here are some benefits I see:
1. we could eliminate jQuery from the code base
Currently, we're using bootstrap but an implementation based on jQuery.
Angular and jQuery doesn't build to live together.
2. NgBootstrap made to being used with Angular
It uses Angular instead of hacking the rendering/dom manipulation with
jQuery.
3. It contains a date and a time picker.
It's easy to combine to a datetime picker.
4. No dependencies.
By changing currently used bootstrap to NgBootstrap we could clear jquery,
moment, pickaday, pickaday-time libraries from our dependencies.

Another huge advantage of NgBootstrap is that we don't have to rewrite
anything we don't want to. Our UI already uses Bootstrap.

What do you guys think?