metron-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Justin Leet <justinjl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metron Release 0.6.1 and/or Plugin release 0.3.0?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 21:28:46 GMT
I'm inclined to do move forward with the core repo release. Having said
that, there's a few test bugs and such I'd like to see addressed, either
"won't fix" or preferably with PRs, before creating an RC (as noted earlier
in the thread).  It's probably a good opportunity to ask again if there's
anything outstanding we'd like to see in the release. Is there anything
we'd like taken care of that's relatively close to going in?

If the plugin gets fixed before we're set to move forward with a core
release (or we choose not to fix it, given the current version is
affected), I'm happy to put out a new RC.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 4:12 PM Michael Miklavcic <
michael.miklavcic@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 Nick
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 2:04 PM Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org> wrote:
>
> > OK, well either way, I see no need to hold up Metron 0.6.1.
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 3:51 PM Zeolla@GMail.com <zeolla@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I believe that 0.2.0 is impacted by the bug.
> > >
> > > Jon
> > >
> > > On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 3:50 PM Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > > In light of this comment [1], I propose that we move forward with
> > another
> > > > Metron release and forgo the Metron Bro Plugin 0.3.0 release until we
> > can
> > > > resolve METRON-1910 [2].  There is no need to rush the fix as the
> > current
> > > > 0.2.0 release of the Bro Plugin is not impacted by the bug. We do
> have
> > a
> > > > good amount of other Metron functionality to release though.  I do
> not
> > > see
> > > > a need to hold-up the release.
> > > >
> > > > ---
> > > >
> > > > [1]
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka/pull/20#issuecomment-443481440
> > > > [2] https://github.com/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka/pull/20
> > > >
> > > > On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:29 AM Justin Leet <justinjleet@gmail.com>
> > > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > There's a few issues I would like to see at least triaged and
> > > preferably
> > > > > addressed prior to the release of the main repo. In Jira, we have a
> > > > > "test-failures" label, that has a few things attached to it. If we
> > know
> > > > of
> > > > > any other Jiras that should have this label attached, please do so
> > and
> > > > I'd
> > > > > appreciate it if you replied to the thread.  See test-failures
> > > > > <
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1851?jql=project%20%3D%20METRON%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20test-failure
> > > > > >
> > > > > .
> > > > >
> > > > > The Jiras are:
> > > > > METRON-1810 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1810>
> > > > > METRON-1814 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1814>
> > > > > METRON-1851 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1851>
> > > > >
> > > > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 2:20 PM Zeolla@GMail.com <zeolla@gmail.com
> >
> > > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > A metron-bro-plugin-kafka 0.3 release is good to go from my side.
> > > > Thanks
> > > > > > for all of the reviews Nick
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 11:16 AM Nick Allen <nick@nickallen.org>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Ha.  Yes, that definitely counts and makes a ton of sense.
> > Thanks!
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 11:00 AM Justin Leet <
> > > justinjleet@gmail.com>
> > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Does "I forgot to pull master fresh before running the
> command"
> > > > count
> > > > > > as
> > > > > > > a
> > > > > > > > reason?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > The missing Jiras are:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >     METRON-1890 Metron Vagrant should disable audio
> > > (ottobackwards)
> > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > apache/metron#1277
> > > > > > > >     METRON-1874 Create a Parser Debugger (nickwallen) closes
> > > > > > > > apache/metron#1265
> > > > > > > >     METRON-1880 Use Caffeine for Profiler Caching
> (nickwallen)
> > > > closes
> > > > > > > > apache/metron#1270
> > > > > > > >     METRON-1877 Nested IF ELSE statements can cause parse
> > errors
> > > in
> > > > > > > Stellar
> > > > > > > > (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1268
> > > > > > > >     METRON-1872 Move rat plugin away from snapshot version
> > > > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1264
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 10:59 AM Nick Allen <
> > nick@nickallen.org>
> > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Also, I'd like to get this one included in the release.
> This
> > > is
> > > > > > really
> > > > > > > > > annoying for people just wanting to try out the Profiler.
> > And
> > > > this
> > > > > > was
> > > > > > > > > 'broken' after the last release, so there currently is no
> > > release
> > > > > > with
> > > > > > > > this
> > > > > > > > > problem and I'd like to keep it that way. :)
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1276
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Justin Leet <
> > > > > justinjleet@gmail.com>
> > > > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Realized I'd never sent the updated list of Jiras.  I
> > changed
> > > > the
> > > > > > > > command
> > > > > > > > > > slightly (to remove a clause I thought we'd already
> removed
> > > re:
> > > > > > http,
> > > > > > > > and
> > > > > > > > > > added the awk to remove dupes resulting from multiple
> > commits
> > > > > for a
> > > > > > > > > single
> > > > > > > > > > Jira. I'll do a PR for these changes).
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > *apache/metron*
> > > > > > > > > > git log "master" "^tags/apache-metron-0.6.0-release"
> > > > --no-merges
> > > > > |
> > > > > > > grep
> > > > > > > > > -E
> > > > > > > > > > "^[[:blank:]]+METRON" | sed 's/\[//g' | sed 's/\]//g' |
> awk
> > > > > > > '!x[$1]++'
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1875 Expose configurable global settings in
> the
> > > > Alerts
> > > > > > UI
> > > > > > > > > > (merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1266
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1834: Migrate Elasticsearch from
> TransportClient
> > > to
> > > > > new
> > > > > > > Java
> > > > > > > > > > REST API (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes
> apache/metron#1242
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1749 Update Angular to latest release in
> > > Management
> > > > UI
> > > > > > > > > (sardell
> > > > > > > > > > via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1217
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1870 Intermittent Stellar REST test failures
> > > > > (merrimanr
> > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1263
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1868 metron-committer-common incorrectly
> > checking
> > > > > > > REPO_NAME
> > > > > > > > > > (JonZeolla via jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1260
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1740 Improve Palo Alto parser to handle CONFIG
> > and
> > > > > > SYSTEM
> > > > > > > > > syslog
> > > > > > > > > > messages (liuy-tnz via nickwallen) closes
> > apache/metron#1171
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1847 Create reusable script with functions
> from
> > > > > > > > prepare-commit
> > > > > > > > > > (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1248
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1850 Stellar REST function (merrimanr) closes
> > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1250
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1858 BasicFireEyeParser check style cleanup
> and
> > > > > > > optimization
> > > > > > > > > > (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1255
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1864 Stellar date format test fails after
> > daylight
> > > > > > saving
> > > > > > > > > > (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1258
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1861 METRON-1861: REST fails to start when
> LDAP
> > > > > enabled
> > > > > > > and
> > > > > > > > > > 'Active Spring profiles' config is empty (anandsubbu via
> > > > > > justinleet)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1256
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1853: Add shutdown hook to Stellar
> > > > > BaseFunctionResolver
> > > > > > > > > > (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1251
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1857 Fix Metaalert Nested Alert Field Name in
> > > Index
> > > > > > > Template
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1253
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1855: Make unified enrichment topology the
> > default
> > > > and
> > > > > > > > > deprecate
> > > > > > > > > > split-join (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes
> > apache/metron#1252
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1790 Unsubscribe from every observable in the
> > pcap
> > > > > panel
> > > > > > > UI
> > > > > > > > > > component (ruffle via nickwallen) closes
> apache/metron#1208
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1803: Integrate Cypress with Travis (tiborm
> via
> > > > > > mmiklavc)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1226
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1844 Allow for LDAP to be used for
> > authentication
> > > > and
> > > > > > > roles
> > > > > > > > > > (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1246
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1830 Re-implement Alerts dialog box without
> > jQuery
> > > > > > > (sardell
> > > > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1240
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1826 Update librdkafka and devtoolset
> (JonZeolla
> > > via
> > > > > > > > > jonzeolla)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1238
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1839 Install Elasticsearch MPack Step in
> Ansible
> > > Not
> > > > > > > > > Idempotent
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1244
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1833: Management UI incorrectly displaying
> > sensor
> > > > > > topology
> > > > > > > > > > latency units as seconds instead of millis (mmiklavc via
> > > > > mmiklavc)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1241
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1829 Large Error Message Causes Slow Search
> > > > > Performance
> > > > > > > > > > (merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1239
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1831 Project Version Substitution Not Working
> > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1243
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1816 Date format Stellar function (merrimanr)
> > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1233
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1681 Decouple the ParserBolt from the Parse
> > > > execution
> > > > > > > logic
> > > > > > > > > > (merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1213
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1820 Update to new Simple-Syslog-5424 version
> to
> > > > > support
> > > > > > > > error
> > > > > > > > > > handling (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1234
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1805 Provide a default value for the Storm
> > > > > > > > > > topology.max.spout.pending setting (merrimanr) closes
> > > > > > > > apache/metron#1221
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1821 Align prepare-release-candidate with
> > > > > documentation
> > > > > > > > > > (JonZeolla via jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1236
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1801 Allow Customization of Elasticsearch
> > Document
> > > > ID
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1218
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1799 Remove outdated bylaws from site.
> > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1216
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1769 Script creation of a release candidate
> > > > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1188
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1761 Allow a grok statement to be applied to
> > each
> > > > line
> > > > > > in
> > > > > > > a
> > > > > > > > > > file. (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1184
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1813 Stellar REPL Not Initialized with Client
> > JAAS
> > > > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1232
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1812: Fix dependencies_with_url.csv (mmiklavc
> > via
> > > > > > > mmiklavc)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1230
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1811 Alert Search Fails When Sorting by Alert
> > > Status
> > > > > > > > > (merrimanr)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1231
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1809 Support Column Oriented Input with Batch
> > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1229
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1806: Upgrade Maven Shade Plugin version
> > (mmiklavc
> > > > via
> > > > > > > > > mmiklavc)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1224
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1792 Simplify Profile Definitions in
> Integration
> > > > Tests
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1211
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1807 Auto populate the recommended values to
> > some
> > > of
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > metron
> > > > > > > > > > config parameters  (MohanDV via merrimanr) closes
> > > > > > apache/metron#1227
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1808 Add Ansible created pyc to gitignore
> > > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1228
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1695 Expose pcap properties through Ambari
> > > > > (anandsubbu)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1207
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1771 Update REST endpoints to support
> eventually
> > > > > > > consistent
> > > > > > > > UI
> > > > > > > > > > updates (merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1190
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1791 Add GUID to Messages Produced by Profiler
> > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1210
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1804 Update version to 0.6.1 (justinleet)
> closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1220
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1798 Add mpack support for parser aggregation
> > > > > > (anandsubbu)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1215
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1750 Create Parser for Syslog RFC 5424
> Messages
> > > > > > > > > (ottobackwards)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1175
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1794 Include User Details When Escalating
> Alerts
> > > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1212
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1782 Add Kafka Partition and Offset to
> Profiler
> > > > Debug
> > > > > > Logs
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1202
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1758 Add support for Ansible 2.6 in dev
> > (JonZeolla
> > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1179
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1784: Re-allow remote ssh and scp in Centos
> full
> > > dev
> > > > > > > > (mmiklavc
> > > > > > > > > > via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1204
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1787 Input Time Constraints for Batch Profiler
> > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1209
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1508 In Ubuntu14 Dev Indexing Fails to Write
> to
> > > > > > > > Elasticsearch
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1185
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1786 Pcap Topology Status Incorrect (MohanDV
> via
> > > > > > > nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1206
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1709 Add controls to start / stop the PCAP
> > > topology
> > > > > from
> > > > > > > > > Ambari.
> > > > > > > > > > (MohanDV via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1201
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1759 PCAP UI: Removing wrong Input annotations
> > > from
> > > > > pcap
> > > > > > > > panel
> > > > > > > > > > component (tiborm via nickwallen) closes
> apache/metron#1180
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1772 Support alternative input formats in the
> > > Batch
> > > > > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1191
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1770 Add Docs for Running the Profiler with
> > Spark
> > > on
> > > > > > YARN
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1189
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1774 Allow user to configure JAAS client in
> > Ambari
> > > > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1192
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1760 Kill PCAP job should prompt for
> > confirmation
> > > > > > (ruffle
> > > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1199
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1777: Fix Elasticsearch X-Pack sample pom in
> > > > > > documentation
> > > > > > > > > > (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1196
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1781 Fix RPM Spec File (nickwallen) closes
> > > > > > > > apache/metron#1200
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1780 Fix broken website images (justinleet)
> > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1198
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1476 Update to Angular 6.1.3 (sardell via
> > > > nickwallen)
> > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1096
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1776 Update public web site to point at 0.6.0
> > new
> > > > > > release
> > > > > > > > > > (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1195
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1775 Transient exception could prevent expired
> > > > > profiles
> > > > > > > from
> > > > > > > > > > being flushed (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1194
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1717 Relocate Storm Profiler Code (nickwallen)
> > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1187
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1748 Improve Storm Profiler Integration Test
> > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1174
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1741 Move REPL Port of Profiler to Separate
> > > Project
> > > > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1170
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1715 Create DEB Packaging for Batch Profiler
> > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1167
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1736 Enhance Batch Profiler Integration Test
> > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1162
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1714 Create RPM Packaging for the Batch
> Profiler
> > > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1163
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1708 Run the Batch Profiler in Spark
> > (nickwallen)
> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1161
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1707 Port Profiler to Spark (nickwallen)
> closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1150
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1705 Create ProfilePeriod Using Period ID
> > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1148
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1706 HbaseClient.mutate should return the
> number
> > > of
> > > > > > > > mutations
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1147
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1704 Message Timestamp Logic Should be Shared
> > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1146
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1703 Make Core Profiler Components
> Serializable
> > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron#1145
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > *apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka*
> > > > > > > > > > git log "master"
> > > > > > "^tags/apache-metron-bro-plugin-kafka_0.2.0-release"
> > > > > > > > > > --no-merges | grep -E "^[[:blank:]]+METRON" | sed
> > 's/\[//g' |
> > > > sed
> > > > > > > > > 's/\]//g'
> > > > > > > > > > | awk '!x[$1]++'
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1827 Update librdkafka in
> > metron-bro-plugin-kafka
> > > > > > > (JonZeolla
> > > > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > jonzeolla) closes apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#13
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1866 Improve metron-bro-plugin-kafka
> > documentation
> > > > > > > > (JonZeolla
> > > > > > > > > > via jonzeolla) closes apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#17
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1304 Allow metron-bro-plugin-kafka to include
> or
> > > > > exclude
> > > > > > > > logs
> > > > > > > > > > (JonZeolla via nickwallen) closes
> > > > > apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#2
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1865 Fix metron-bro-plugin-kafka tests
> > (JonZeolla
> > > > via
> > > > > > > > > jonzeolla)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#16
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1828 Improve bro plugin contributing
> > documentation
> > > > > > > > (JonZeolla)
> > > > > > > > > > closes apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#14
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1818 Remove config_files from bro-pkg.meta
> > > > (JonZeolla)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#11
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1800 Increment metron-bro-plugin-kafka version
> > > > > > (JonZeolla
> > > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > jonzeolla) closes apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#10
> > > > > > > > > >     METRON-1773 Bro plugin docs should refer to Apache
> > Metron
> > > > > > project
> > > > > > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#9
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 7:52 AM Zeolla@GMail.com <
> > > > > zeolla@gmail.com
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > I'm good with that release schedule, and using version
> > > 0.7.0
> > > > > for
> > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > > apache/metron release.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > I opened up METRON-1881 and have a branch ready to PR
> for
> > > the
> > > > > 0.3
> > > > > > > > > > > plugin upgrade.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Jon
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:08 AM Otto Fowler <
> > > > > > > > ottobackwards@gmail.com>
> > > > > > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> Can you generate the jiras that would be included in
> the
> > > > > > release?
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> On November 16, 2018 at 10:05:50, Justin Leet (
> > > > > > > > justinjleet@gmail.com)
> > > > > > > > > > >> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> Given that we've had a couple major PRs (the ES client
> > > > > migration
> > > > > > > > along
> > > > > > > > > > >> with
> > > > > > > > > > >> the Angular upgrade stuff, and I'm sure others), I'd
> be
> > in
> > > > > favor
> > > > > > > of
> > > > > > > > > > >> releasing both the plugin and the main repo.
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> I'd be in favor of doing something like:
> > > > > > > > > > >> metron-bro-plugin-kafka release 0.3.0
> > > > > > > > > > >> PR to update full dev
> > > > > > > > > > >> metron release 0.7.0 (given that things changed a good
> > > > amount)
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> I would also expect this process to most likely be
> > kicked
> > > > off
> > > > > > post
> > > > > > > > > > >> Thanksgiving break (Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd for
> > > > anybody
> > > > > > not
> > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> US).
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> I can kick out another summarization thread if we
> want,
> > > but
> > > > > > > > basically:
> > > > > > > > > > >> * Nov 26 - Start the Bro plugin release process
> > > > > > > > > > >> * Once that finishes, PR to update full dev with new
> > > plugin
> > > > > > > version
> > > > > > > > > > >> * Once PR is in, start metron release process
> > (hopefully)
> > > > > > sometime
> > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> week
> > > > > > > > > > >> of the 3rd?
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> Are there any objections to staggering the releases
> like
> > > > that?
> > > > > > > They
> > > > > > > > > > could
> > > > > > > > > > >> also be done together, but it means that we have to
> > update
> > > > > full
> > > > > > > dev
> > > > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > >> match the plugin version post release.
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM Zeolla@GMail.com <
> > > > > > > zeolla@gmail.com
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> > In my opinion metron-bro-plugin-kafka is ready for a
> > > > > release.
> > > > > > > > > Anything
> > > > > > > > > > >> > else people would want to see? Once it gets
> released,
> > I
> > > > > would
> > > > > > > like
> > > > > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > >> > update full dev to use the newest version prior to
> any
> > > > > future
> > > > > > > > metron
> > > > > > > > > > >> > release (0.6.1 or whatever we choose).
> > > > > > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > Jon
> > > > > > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:07 PM Zeolla@GMail.com <
> > > > > > > zeolla@gmail.com
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > So, about this release, anybody have time to
> review
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#2 and
> > > > > > > > > > >> apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#13?
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > Jon
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 10:37 AM Michael
> Miklavcic <
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > michael.miklavcic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> And I do think we will be ready to roll another
> > > Metron
> > > > > > > release
> > > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > near
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> future as well.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:26 AM Justin Leet <
> > > > > > > > > justinjleet@gmail.com
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > I tend to agree with Mike. I think we could do
> a
> > > > > release
> > > > > > of
> > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> main
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > project and get benefit, but I think skipping
> > this
> > > > > cycle
> > > > > > > > > > >> (especially
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> since
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > we had a release last month) let's us get
> things
> > > like
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > ES
> > > > > > > > > > client
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > migration in and settled and just generally
> make
> > > > > > > > recommending a
> > > > > > > > > > >> newer
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > version easier.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > The main reason for doing a release for the Bro
> > > > plugin
> > > > > is
> > > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > >> address
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > shortcomings that we discovered and are
> > addressing.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 4:42 PM Michael
> > Miklavcic <
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > michael.miklavcic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > Migrating the ES client, refactoring parser
> > bolt.
> > > > > There
> > > > > > > are
> > > > > > > > > > some
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > interface
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > changes in flight right now that I think
> would
> > be
> > > > > > > > beneficial
> > > > > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > >> see
> > > > > > > > > > >> > in
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > next release.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 2:01 PM Nick Allen <
> > > > > > > > > nick@nickallen.org
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > I am in favor of a release for both.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > There are a lot of really useful bug fixes,
> > > > > > management
> > > > > > > of
> > > > > > > > > > pcap
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> through
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > Ambari, more flexibility for configuring
> JAAS
> > > in
> > > > > > > Ambari,
> > > > > > > > > > >> increased
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > Elasticsearch performance, the Syslog
> parser,
> > > and
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > > Batch
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> Profiler,
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > among
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > others. I would be happy with calling it a
> > > 0.6.1
> > > > > > point
> > > > > > > > > > release.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > Mike - What is outstanding that you would
> > like
> > > to
> > > > > see
> > > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> release?
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > On Tue, Oct 16, 2018, 12:21 PM Michael
> > > Miklavcic
> > > > <
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > michael.miklavcic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > I'd be +1 on going with just the
> > > > > > > > metron-bro-kafka-plugin
> > > > > > > > > > >> > release.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> It
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > seems
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > like it's ready to go, and I think there
> > are
> > > a
> > > > > few
> > > > > > > more
> > > > > > > > > > >> things
> > > > > > > > > > >> > I'd
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > like
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > see get into our next Metron release so
> I'm
> > > > good
> > > > > > with
> > > > > > > > > > holding
> > > > > > > > > > >> > off
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > there.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > Mike
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:26 AM Justin
> > Leet
> > > <
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> justinjleet@gmail.com>
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > Hi all,
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > As you might recall from a prior
> > discussion
> > > > > about
> > > > > > > > > release
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> cadence,
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > we
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > were
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > interested in initiating release
> threads
> > > near
> > > > > our
> > > > > > > > board
> > > > > > > > > > >> > reports
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> to
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > see
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > if
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > we wanted to do releases or not.
> > > > Additionally,
> > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > work
> > > > > > > > > > is
> > > > > > > > > > >> > done
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> to
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > do
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > two
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > separate releases, so our options are
> > > > releasing
> > > > > > > > both, a
> > > > > > > > > > >> single
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> one,
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > or
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > neither.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > Having said that, a
> > metron-bro-kafka-plugin
> > > > > 0.3.0
> > > > > > > > > release
> > > > > > > > > > >> came
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> up
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > on
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > this
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > thread
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > <
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3c18c3aba6b436b11032831e7db541d50eb7cb1e3ae54b7423057c88@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > >.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > In particular, the prospect of a
> release
> > > came
> > > > > up
> > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > context
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> of
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > having a
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > version with better (and working)
> > testing.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > Version Number
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > If we choose to do a core Metron
> > release, I
> > > > > > propose
> > > > > > > > > > 0.6.1.
> > > > > > > > > > >> For
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > metron-bro-kafka-plugin, I propose
> 0.3.0.
> > > > Keep
> > > > > in
> > > > > > > > mind,
> > > > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > versioning
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > for
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > the plugin is a bit different in that
> we
> > > need
> > > > > x.y
> > > > > > > for
> > > > > > > > > > >> bro-pkg,
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > instead
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > of
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > x.y.z, so we wouldn't release 0.2.1.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > I would personally be in favor of
> doing a
> > > > > plugin
> > > > > > > > > release,
> > > > > > > > > > >> but
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> I'm
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > less
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > inclined to do a core Metron release.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > For Metron, I believe the main feature
> is
> > > the
> > > > > > batch
> > > > > > > > > > >> profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> work,
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > but
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > there's a fair amount of fixes and
> > > > > improvements.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > For the plugin, I believe the main
> > > > improvements
> > > > > > > would
> > > > > > > > > be
> > > > > > > > > > >> > around
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > fixing
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > our testing and more maintenance type
> > work.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > JIRA status
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > *metron*
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > There are 24 opens PRs at
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> https://github.com/apache/metron/pulls.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > If
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > we
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > do
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > decide to release, we should work on
> > > getting
> > > > > > > anything
> > > > > > > > > > >> meriting
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > inclusion
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closed out.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > There have been 49 commits since the
> > 0.6.0
> > > > > > release
> > > > > > > > > > (listed
> > > > > > > > > > >> at
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > end
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > of
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > the message). This assumes a release
> from
> > > > > master.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > *metron-bro-kafka-plugin*
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > There are 6 open PRs at
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > https://github.com/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka/pulls.
> > > > > > > > > > >> If
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> we do
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > decide
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > to release, we should get anything we
> > need
> > > > > closed
> > > > > > > > out.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > There have been 2 commits since the
> 0.2.0
> > > > > release
> > > > > > > > > (listed
> > > > > > > > > > >> at
> > > > > > > > > > >> > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > end
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > of
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > message). This assumes a release from
> > > master.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > *Metron changelog*
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1801 Allow Customization of
> > > > > Elasticsearch
> > > > > > > > > Document
> > > > > > > > > > >> > ID
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1218
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1799 Remove outdated bylaws from
> > > site.
> > > > > > > > > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1216
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1769 Script creation of a
> release
> > > > > > candidate
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1188
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1761 Allow a grok statement to
> be
> > > > > applied
> > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > each
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> line
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > in
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > a
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > file. (ottobackwards) closes
> > > > apache/metron#1184
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1813 Stellar REPL Not
> Initialized
> > > with
> > > > > > > Client
> > > > > > > > > JAAS
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1232
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1812: Fix
> > dependencies_with_url.csv
> > > > > > > (mmiklavc
> > > > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > mmiklavc)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1230
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1811 Alert Search Fails When
> > Sorting
> > > > by
> > > > > > > Alert
> > > > > > > > > > >> > Status
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > (merrimanr)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1231
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1809 Support Column Oriented
> Input
> > > > with
> > > > > > > Batch
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1229
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1806: Upgrade Maven Shade Plugin
> > > > version
> > > > > > > > > (mmiklavc
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > mmiklavc)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1224
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1792 Simplify Profile
> Definitions
> > in
> > > > > > > > Integration
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> Tests
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1211
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1807 Auto populate the
> recommended
> > > > > values
> > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > some
> > > > > > > > > > >> > of
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> the
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > metron
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > config parameters (MohanDV via
> merrimanr)
> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > apache/metron#1227
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1808 Add Ansible created pyc to
> > > > > gitignore
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1228
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1695 Expose pcap properties
> > through
> > > > > Ambari
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> (anandsubbu)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1207
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1771 Update REST endpoints to
> > > support
> > > > > > > > eventually
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > consistent
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > UI
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > updates (merrimanr) closes
> > > apache/metron#1190
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1791 Add GUID to Messages
> Produced
> > > by
> > > > > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1210
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1804 Update version to 0.6.1
> > > > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1220
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1798 Add mpack support for
> parser
> > > > > > > aggregation
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (anandsubbu)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1215
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1750 Create Parser for Syslog
> RFC
> > > 5424
> > > > > > > > Messages
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > (ottobackwards)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1175
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1794 Include User Details When
> > > > > Escalating
> > > > > > > > Alerts
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1212
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1782 Add Kafka Partition and
> > Offset
> > > to
> > > > > > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > Debug
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Logs
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1202
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1758 Add support for Ansible 2.6
> > in
> > > > dev
> > > > > > > > > (JonZeolla
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1179
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1784: Re-allow remote ssh and
> scp
> > in
> > > > > > Centos
> > > > > > > > full
> > > > > > > > > > >> > dev
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > (mmiklavc
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1204
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1787 Input Time Constraints for
> > > Batch
> > > > > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1209
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1508 In Ubuntu14 Dev Indexing
> > Fails
> > > to
> > > > > > Write
> > > > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > Elasticsearch
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1185
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1786 Pcap Topology Status
> > Incorrect
> > > > > > (MohanDV
> > > > > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1206
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1709 Add controls to start /
> stop
> > > the
> > > > > PCAP
> > > > > > > > > > topology
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> from
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > Ambari.
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (MohanDV via nickwallen) closes
> > > > > > apache/metron#1201
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1759 PCAP UI: Removing wrong
> Input
> > > > > > > annotations
> > > > > > > > > > from
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> pcap
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > panel
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > component (tiborm via nickwallen)
> closes
> > > > > > > > > > apache/metron#1180
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1772 Support alternative input
> > > formats
> > > > > in
> > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > Batch
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1191
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1770 Add Docs for Running the
> > > Profiler
> > > > > > with
> > > > > > > > > Spark
> > > > > > > > > > >> > on
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > YARN
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1189
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1774 Allow user to configure
> JAAS
> > > > client
> > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > Ambari
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1192
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1760 Kill PCAP job should prompt
> > for
> > > > > > > > > confirmation
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (ruffle
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1199
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1777: Fix Elasticsearch X-Pack
> > > sample
> > > > > pom
> > > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > documentation
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes
> > > > > apache/metron#1196
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1781 Fix RPM Spec File
> > (nickwallen)
> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > apache/metron#1200
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1780 Fix broken website images
> > > > > > (justinleet)
> > > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1198
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1476 Update to Angular 6.1.3
> > > (sardell
> > > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1096
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1776 Update public web site to
> > point
> > > > at
> > > > > > > 0.6.0
> > > > > > > > > new
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > release
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1195
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1775 Transient exception could
> > > prevent
> > > > > > > expired
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> profiles
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > from
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > being flushed (nickwallen) closes
> > > > > > > apache/metron#1194
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1717 Relocate Storm Profiler
> Code
> > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1187
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1748 Improve Storm Profiler
> > > > Integration
> > > > > > Test
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1174
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1741 Move REPL Port of Profiler
> to
> > > > > > Separate
> > > > > > > > > > Project
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1170
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1715 Create DEB Packaging for
> > Batch
> > > > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1167
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1736 Enhance Batch Profiler
> > > > Integration
> > > > > > Test
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1162
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1714 Create RPM Packaging for
> the
> > > > Batch
> > > > > > > > Profiler
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1163
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1708 Run the Batch Profiler in
> > Spark
> > > > > > > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1161
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1707 Port Profiler to Spark
> > > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1150
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1705 Create ProfilePeriod Using
> > > Period
> > > > > ID
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > closes
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > apache/metron#1148
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1706 HbaseClient.mutate should
> > > return
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > > number
> > > > > > > > > > of
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > mutations
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1147
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1704 Message Timestamp Logic
> > Should
> > > be
> > > > > > > Shared
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1146
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1703 Make Core Profiler
> Components
> > > > > > > > Serializable
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > (nickwallen)
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > closes apache/metron#1145
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > *Metron-bro-kafka-plugin changelog*
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1800 Increment
> > > metron-bro-plugin-kafka
> > > > > > > version
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > (JonZeolla
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > via
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > jonzeolla) closes
> > > > > > apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#10
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > METRON-1773 Bro plugin docs should
> refer
> > to
> > > > > > Apache
> > > > > > > > > Metron
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > project
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > (nickwallen) closes
> > > > > > > apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka#9
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >>
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > --
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > > Jon Zeolla
> > > > > > > > > > >> > >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > --
> > > > > > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >> > Jon Zeolla
> > > > > > > > > > >> >
> > > > > > > > > > >>
> > > > > > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > Jon Zeolla
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > --
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Jon Zeolla
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Jon Zeolla
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message