metron-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Leet <justinjl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mandatory relocation of Apache git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 22:26:13 GMT
"merge pull request" just offers a couple ways to commit directly within
GitHub (plain merge of all commits, squash down into one commit, and rebase
the PR and merge it).  I don't recall it allowing you to enforce a format
on the PRs for the commit (e.g. <PR Name> (<CONTRIBUTOR> via <COMMITTER>)
closes apache/metron#<PR NUM>), which unfortunately makes it less than
ideal for us, since it's prone to typos. If you don't have that
requirement, it's great, I've used it before on other projects.

If someone knows if it's possible to set it up to autobuild the appropriate
commit message, I'd probably be for it.