metron-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Feature flags in Metron UIs
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 16:41:49 GMT
I'd like to propose we enable a feature flags capability in the Metron UIs.
I've had some offline conversations with Tibor Meller, Shane Ardell, and
Tamas Fodor about this before, and it seems like a fairly common strategy
for introducing new, and potentially large, features. To be clear, this
would not mitigate architecture changes - I think those would still need to
be split out into their own PR or feature branch. Here is some background
on feature flags along with some sample approaches to organizing and
implementing them - https://martinfowler.com/articles/feature-toggles.html.
This discussion is aimed at implementing the idea in the abstract. I
suspect we'll get the most mileage from looking at a concrete example as
pertains to our actual UIs in the form of some PRs or upcoming feature
branches.

Best,
Mike