metron-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Miklavcic <michael.miklav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Update dev guidelines with format for sharing architecture source files and rendered images
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 21:24:48 GMT
Good idea - I will make that addendum. I would consider that, ipso facto,
acceptable to everyone on the thread unless they say otherwise -
considering the entire point of this vote is to standardize the diagram
tool, it would be inconsistent with that goal to use the word "should."
"Must" makes sense here.

On Fri, May 3, 2019, 3:19 PM Zeolla@GMail.com <zeolla@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 non-binding
>
> I would only prefer that we change "Appropriate architecture diagrams
> should be created in" to "Appropriate architecture diagrams must be created
> in" but I'm good either way.
>
> - Jon Zeolla
> Zeolla@GMail.Com
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 10:18 AM Michael Miklavcic <
> michael.miklavcic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, it is free James. We made sure of that in the original discussion.
> >
> > On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 9:33 PM James Sirota <jsirota@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > i am ok with it as long as we are not forcing people to buy stuff

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0aa2b0b9ed4a0f0b0d8bb018c618e62de196565f9af71f347e504076@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E

> > > clarify
> > > those
> > > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Development+Guidelines